At BlackWolf, we take great pride in knowing that our products are created with strong materials and high-quality hardware.
While we stand by the strength of our product, if a BlackWolf product has a defect within the first three years of original ownership due to workmanship, we promise to work with the customer to resolve it.
Always remember that sticks, rocks or any sharp objects have the potential to cause damage, and this is not something covered under BlackWolf Warranty. If you take care of your BlackWolf gear, it will take care of you. BlackWolf Warranty covers the original owner only and is not transferrable. The original warranty will not be inherited if the product has been purchased second-hand.
Can I register my BlackWolf product on your site?
If you've bought your BlackWolf gear direct from us on blackwolf.com.au, then don't worry - your warranty is already registered with us! If you have purchased your BlackWolf gear from a retailer, unfortunately you can't register your warranty on our site. We recommend you keep your receipt or proof of purchase safe, or see if the retailer has their own warranty registration. We know that on our previous website (yep, we've upgraded!) there was a chance to register your warranty. If you did that, don't worry - we've kept your registration on hand.
What's the process to make a warranty claim?
Easy! We recommend you follow these steps to make the process as simple as possible: Purchased from a retailer
(1) If you purchased your BlackWolf product from a retailer, either in-store or online, you can return your BlackWolf product to the retailer that was the initial place of purchase, with your proof of purchase (your receipt). (2) We'll organise a BlackWolf product expert to assess the product at the store or have it returned to our team for further assessment. (3) Once the assessment is completed, our BlackWolf product expert will pass on the details to the retailer and your retailer will contact you with the outcome. Purchased online at blackwolf.com.au
(1) If you purchased your BlackWolf product on blackwolf.com.au, you can fill out the Warranty Request Form
. (2) A BlackWolf product expert will assess the product by the images you have supplied. If necessary, they may require the product to be returned to BlackWolf HQ for assessment (shipping is not covered by BlackWolf). (3) Once the assessment is completed, BlackWolf will let you know about the outcome and what happens next depending on the outcome of the warranty claim.
Why do you need to inspect the product or see pictures?
When you make a warranty claim, we’ll usually ask us to send you pictures of the damage or take it to the store you bought it from and we’ll have a BlackWolf product expert come and check it out. In most cases, this is just so we can assess the damage incurred and make a call on the best solution. In some cases, there’s the opportunity to repair the product (meaning it won’t end up in landfill!) and in some other occasions, we might have to make a full replacement.
Do you offer repairs under warranty?
You bet! In some warranty cases, there is the opportunity to repair your product where we are sure it will go back to functioning as it should. It also means your product won't end up in a landfill (bonus!). We will refer your product to one of our Authorised BlackWolf Repairers in these cases. If you are having your product repaired under warranty, BlackWolf will cover the cost of the repair and shipping.
What does BlackWolf not cover under warranty?
The reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Damage by misuse or abuse (e.g. over-packing a hiking pack beyond the capacity, standing on furniture)
- General wear and tear
- Condensation or damage caused by mould
- Extreme weather
- Unauthorised repairs
- Loss, theft or misplacement
- Not following product instructions correctly
- Incorrect setup
- Damage caused by insects, animals or children
- Broken poles not as a direct result of failed workmanship
- Damage caused by jammed or snagged zippers or damage caused by excessive force used on zippers
Please also keep in mind that our tents are not designed to be used as permanent or semi-permanent structures. They are designed to be used as a portable and temporary structure.
If you want to register your warranty, your BlackWolf product will be automatically registered if you purchase directly from BlackWolf online. If you purchased your BlackWolf gear from a retailer, just keep your receipt or proof of purchase safe, as they can't be registered online with us on the new site.